World Sports University hereinafter designated as “WSU” is committed to providing quality courses, training and assessment in accordance with the standards fixed by the WSU Academic and Teaching Committee. As such, WSU provides a fair and reasonable refund process.
The purpose of this policy is to provide for the appropriate handling of student and client organisation refunds.
2. Policy Statement
- Implement and maintain a process for fair and reasonable refund of fees paid; and
- provide refunds for fees and charges paid by students/ client organisations, where training and assessment activities have not been delivered.
3. Policy Principles
The following principles underpin this policy:
- Details of WSU Refund Policy are to be publicly available.
- Payment of all student refunds is made within 20 working days of an application for refund.
- Payment of all client organisation refunds to be made in-accordance with the conditions of each individual contract.
3.1 Student Refunds
- With regard to all withdrawals, WSU will first encourage a student to enrol in another course or a course with a different commencement date, prior to processing refund applications.
- Written notification of withdrawal from a course must be provided by a student to apply for a refund for a course. This may be via letter or email.
- Where a student is enrolled through their school/organization they may only withdraw from a course or change course with permission of their school/organization.
- There is no refund applicable where a student has commenced their course/unit.
- There is no refund to students who do not obtain their qualification after assessment.
- There is no refund for recognition of prior learning assessments after enrolment, where recognition resources and services have been supplied to the client.
- WSU does not accept liability for loss or damage suffered in the event of withdrawal from a course by a student.
- WSU provides a refund should there be a need for WSU to cancel a course.
- If WSU cancels a course, students and client organisations do not have to apply for a refund, WSU will process the refunds automatically.
- Refunds for cancellation of enrolments are granted on a sliding scale (See Below 3.3) In the first instance WSU will (where possible) provide an opportunity for the student or client organisation to attend another scheduled course.
3.2 Client Organisation Refunds
- Written notification of withdrawal from a qualification must be provided by a client organisation to apply for a refund related to a course. This may be via letter or email.
- There is no refund applicable to a client organisation where a student has commenced their course.
- WSU may provide a refund to client organisations, less administrative costs, should there be a need for WSU to cancel a course. In the first instance WSU will (where possible) provide an opportunity for the student or client organisation to attend or schedule an alternative course.
- The amount of the refund can be negotiated with the client organisation on a case by case basis.
- Student Withdrawal - upon written notification fourteen (14) working days prior to the commencement of the course, WSU will refund 100% of the full course fee paid by the student/client organisation, less an administration fee.
- Student Withdrawal - upon written notification no later than seven (7) working days prior to the commencement of the course, WSU will refund 75% of the full course fee paid by the student/client organisation, less an administration fee.
- Student Withdrawal - upon written notice of withdrawal within 24 hours prior to the commencement of the course, no refund will be made.
- After the course has started, if WSU request a student to withdraw from a course due to the student’s misconduct, no refund will be made.
- If WSU cancels a course at any time, WSU will refund 100% of the full course fee paid by the student/client organisation.
The President in consultation with the Administrative Committee and Finance Manager, is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy.
5. Records Management
6. Monitoring and Improvement
All Refund practices are monitored by the President of WSU and areas for improvement identified and acted upon.